Freitag, 2. September 2016

Chapter 9 - Worlds Apart



Chapter Nine
 
Later that night Elena was preparing food with Juliane, chatting. Sami’s girlfriend was interesting. She was smart and had a lovely sense of vulgar humour that kept the two of them giggling while cooking lasagne and having a few beers.
The mood changed drastically when Jewell entered the room, placing herself on one of the sideboards with a glass of champagne in her manicured fingers. Looking over into the open living room where the lads sat around the table by the terrace, Elena caught Riku’s pleading gaze and sighed. “So Jewell,” she cleared her throat, trying to be nice and polite. “What are you doing for a living?”
The blond shrugged indifferently. “Just some stuff.” She answered, putting her hair back behind her ears. “I finished school about a year ago, but I haven’t decided what to do next. What d’you do? Riku said you are a doctor.”
“I am.” Elena continued stirring.
“For children?” Jewell asked expectantly.
“No, I... I’m in research at the moment.” Pointing at some tomatoes, Elena nodded at the girl. “Wanna cut some for the lasagne?”
Jewell wrinkled her little nose before hesitantly putting down her champagne flute. Then she nodded, taking the knife Elena handed over to her. “By the way, Elena, you... you’ve been with Riku before, right?”
“Yes?” Elena raised her eyebrow. “But that was about 100 years ago. Why?” she rested her back against the fridge, watching the blonde slowly chopping the tomatoes.
“Well, I... I was wondering, you know him quite well, don’t you?”
“I think so...”
“So has... has he always been like this, I mean... he... he’s a little cheap, isn’t he? I mean he’s stingy with his money, right? Even though he’s quite rich.”
“Wohow! Slow it down, sweety!” Elena put her hands on her hips. “Did you pay for this vacation? The flight? Your dresses? Anything? How’s that cheap?”
“Well, he... he has a lot of money and stuff, so... When I met him, I was hoping...”
Elena sucked in a breath, throwing a stern look at the girl. “You were hoping...?”
“Well, I mean, he could buy me some stuff, right? Wouldn’t hurt him, would it?” she waved her comment aside. “Well, maybe all you Scandinavianish people are a little cheap, you don’t realise.” She shrugged, but there was a little invidious glint in her eyes. “He didn’t buy YOU stuff either, right?”
With one step, Elena managed to close the gap between her and Jewell and grabbed the girl by the scruff of her neck. “Listen carefully, princess!” she hissed. “Riku’s my friend, ye hear me? My friend! And I won’t allow anyone to talk about him like that, d’you hear me? D’you understand? Never!” she raised her index finger. “Don’t you ever dare talking about him like that again!”
Suddenly Riku leaned over the counter, alarmed. “Everything alright?” he asked carefully.
Elena stepped back, letting go of Jewell. “Just making a point here.” She whispered through her teeth, furiously leaving the kitchen and heading outside. She took a few deep breaths, trying her best to calm down. Stupid little princess!
“You alright, luv?” Samu put his arm around her from behind. “What’s wrong? Fighting with little Miss The-sun’s-shining-through-my-butt-cheeks?”
Chuckling dryly Elena shook her head. “She’s a bitch!” she simply stated, making Samu snort with laughter. “Tell me something less obvious!” he paused for a few seconds, holding her tight. “She’s getting on you with Riku, right?”
“She is.” Elena sighed. “She said some really mean things and I can’t just swallow that!”
“I know.” He whispered, kissing her neck. “She’s just scared, you are a huge competition and actually the shoes she has just put on are definitely too big for her.” Suddenly he sighed. “He loves you a lot, maybe she’s stupid but she has female radar for feelings, I think she knows that he’s not over you at all even after all these years.”
Elena remained silent. There was no use in denying, it was too obvious that Riku still had a certain amount of feelings for her. As well as she had somehow kept him in her heart. “I’m sorry.” She simply whispered, not knowing what else to say.
“Don’t be.” He whispered back. “I tore you apart and trust me, it is still getting close to me as well, he’s my best friend. Unfortunately you can’t share the love of your life with someone, however close he is to your heart.” Again he fell silent, kissing her neck. “I should apologize. To both of you.”
They remained standing on the terrace for a few minutes, listening to the waves and the wind in the bushes.
“Come on, let’s get back inside and get drunk.” Playfully he bit down on her shoulder. “Let’s solve this the Finnish way.”
Elena chuckled and snuggled the back of her head closer to his chest. “I like the way you think, dear!”
 
Dinner became a bit of a strange issue because Jewell was obviously pissed off and sulking, but her pout was purposely ignored by everyone. The eight of them had invited a group of surfers for the night they had met earlier today and after a few bottles of wine and some homemade cocktails they were all gathering in the living room. The atmosphere was relaxed and even a few locals dropped by to join the party.
It was short after one when Osmo decided that they had all reached a certain point of drunkenness to play some games and so they sat together on the carpet of the living room to play spin-the-bottle with one of the empty champagne bottles. The tasks became more and more stupid and left them all rolling on the floor laughing. The game reached its peak when Raul had to try to fart more than three times in a row and he had to give up after two times, admitting with a drunken giggle that he would pee or shit down his pants any second. Everybody agreed to stick to truth from now on and Raul spun the bottle. It was aiming at Greg, one of the surfers. He sipped his beer and nodded. “Hit me!”
“So...” Raul bent forward, resting his elbows on his knees. “Greg, you take a good look around and... tell us which of the girls you would prefer shagging tonight! Just once, no strings attached, just out of the blue, amnesty and hangover-excuses in the morning!”
Laughter and howling was heard and Greg blushed, flashing a gaze at Elena that was sitting between Samus legs.
“Well...” he grinned shyly. “I’m afraid of her husband to be honest.”
Sami broke into laughter, soon joined by all of them. “Well, I know at least one Riku in this room that would be pleased to take advantage!” he grinned at Riku that blushed immediately, lowering his gaze.
Another wave of laughter ran through all of them. Samu wasn’t laughing. Elena felt his grip tighten around her and his chest heaving with a sigh. Even though the games continued for almost half an hour, Samu remained close mouthed. He let out a few chuckles from time to time, but other than that he was silent, holding his wife close.
Someone had turned the music back on and soon most of them were on their feet again, dancing around the living room.
“Can you get me another beer, luv?” Samu whispered into Elena’s ear, handing his empty bottle over to her.
“Sure.” She finished her own and turned around to kiss him before she went over to the kitchen.
Talking to some of the locals she remained standing in the kitchen for a few minutes. She felt dizzy, her mind swirling from the alcohol, but it felt great. The party was fun. She didn’t feel like going home, hoping her dream vacation wouldn’t end too soon.
Her gaze found Samu standing on the stairs. She raised his beer, approaching him astound, when he beckoned her over. He slipped his arms around her and pulled her along. “Come on, let’s have some new-years private time.” He whispered with a sly smile, pushing her onto the bed inside their room, closing the door with his foot. Staggering over to the bed, he pulled his t-shirt over his head, slumping down on top of her. She giggled. “Samu! Goodness, how drunk are you?”
He kissed her with a grin. “Well, I hope that I’m not too drunk to do what I had in mind!” pushing up her dress he grabbed her panty, accidentally tearing it apart. “Ups!” he stared at the tiny pieces of lace in his hand. “I’m sorry, was that yer favourite?”
Elena broke into laughter and shook her head, squealing with shock when he pressed her into the mattress with the full weight of his body to pull down his shorts.
When he placed himself on top of her, kissing her passionately, her sense of reality immediately faded and she surrendered completely. Her body reacted to his touch in such a special way that there was no way for her to stop, no way to refuse it, to reject him. But reality hit her relentlessly when she heard somebody sucking in a breath. “Jeez, mate! What is this all about?”
Samu shifted his weight to his elbows, looking deep into Elena’s eyes before he got up on his knees, starting to button up his pants with a lot of effort.
Riku was still standing in the doorway with his beer in his hand, staring at them with disbelief. “You told me to come here because you wanted to talk to me, man!” he hissed angrily. “Do you have to fuck her right in front of me?”
“I’m sorry mate.” Samu rolled off the bed, almost stumbling across his own feet, grabbing the commode for support. “I need to talk to you. Both of you actually.” He took his beer from the nightstand, emptying it in one big gulp. “Alright, so listen.” Swaying from side to side he gave up holding his balance and rested his shoulder to the wall.
Elena sat up on the bed, trying her best to cover herself as quickly as possible. What the hell was wrong with Samu tonight? She looked up at him, throwing a questioning gaze at Riku that shrugged a little unassertive.
“Would you mind closing the door?” Samu suddenly said, gesturing towards the open bedroom door. Riku did as he was told, stepping back to rest his back at the wooden door. “So tell me, what is that supposed to mean?” he asked in a serious voice even though he was as wasted as all of them. “Are you seriously offering me a threesome or something?”
Elena gasped, gazing at Samu. “Would you mind... Samu? Say something for heaven’s sake! A threesome? That’s a bit naff and inappropriate, don’t you think?”
Samu slowly shook his head. “That’s not what I had in mind.” He said in a very low voice, folding his arms over his naked chest. “During the last couple of days... well, I... I had the feeling that something has changed between the three of us.” He raised his hands to stop them both from interrupting him. “Something has changed.” He repeated calmly. “And I did some thinking to be honest.” He fell silent, giving his best friend and his wife a close look. “Listen, I... you two... I... I tore you apart and I’m still very sorry that I got between you.” Taking a deep breath, he lowered his gaze. “That’s why I want... I want to give you two tonight as... well, I...I want you to be together tonight. You can do whatever you want I won’t ask, alright? I just... I want you to have one night together and maybe... well think about everything. Maybe... maybe we need a few changes. I wasn’t fair, I was selfish. I took her from you Riku and I kinda took him from you, baby. I wanna make this up to you. Please!” he raised his voice when Elena and Riku started arguing and yelling at the same time. “I’m leaving now, maybe I can take your little chick to bed tonight! She definitely checked me out!” he joked lamely, stepping back.
“Are you out of your mind?” Elena whispered with thunder in her eyes and jumped up. “You want... you want me to spend the night with Riku and be your wife again by tomorrow? You are nuts!”
“You don’t have to be my wife tomorrow.” He answered gently. “You could be his if you want to.”
Riku clenched his fist. “What the fuck is wrong with you, Haber?” he shouted, his face red from anger. “You need a good beating to rearrange the shit on your mind? I’m not fucking your wife, man! How... I don’t even know what to say! Fuck, mate! You’ve lost your mind! How drunk are you?”
“Tell me you don’t wanna fuck her!”
“I don’t wanna fuck her!”
“Tell me YOU DON’T WANNA FUCK HER!!!!” Samu suddenly yelled, pointing at his wife. “You love her! You love her like crazy, mate! And I took her from you! Just do yourself a favour and fuck her!”
“Fuck her and then what?” Riku yelled back. “Play Ro Sham Bo to make a decision? Rock, you have her, scissors, I take her home? What the fuck... Samu!”
“Calm down.” Samu whispered, staring at his friend with fury in his eyes. “I said fucking calm down, Rajamaa! I’ll see you two in the morning and we talk about everything. And yes, I want you to fuck! Call it a goodbye-fuck that’s fine with me! You can fuck her all night for all I care! But I want a decision tomorrow! It’s you or me!”
“Excuse me.” Elena crossed her arms over her chest. “Are you seriously telling me to fuck him? Please, tell me you’re joking! A goodbye fuck? For old time’s sake? Figuring out whether I wanna be with him or stay with you?” she pointed at him, narrowing her eyes.
“I love it when you’re smart, baby!” he answered sarcastically. “That’s exactly what I’m talking about.”
Completely out of words Elena shook her head. Then she pointed at the door. “Get out of my sight, Haber! Right now! Get out of my sight! You are nuts! This whole idea is crazy! Do you wanna break up this marriage? Fine, just let me know! I’ll sign your fucking divorce papers if it’s that what you’re hoping for!”
“Leni!” he interrupted, clenching his fists. “I don’t want a fucking divorce! Don’t you see it? Are you blind?”
“What?” she yelled at him. “I see my foolish husband! That’s what I see!”
“Well, I see a bit more, honey!” Samu stepped closer. “I see the woman I love and my best friend. I see my bad conscious; I have been living with it for years, always regretting that I couldn’t find another way, another girl! No, I had to take my best mate’s girl away from him! I knew you loved him! I know you still do! That’s why I wanna make it up to you by giving you a chance to talk and get closer! I want you to make this decision, love! I want you to listen to your heart because I can’t live with this mess for another year, another month or another day! Make a wish for new years, Rajamaa, I certainly made mine. Take this serious, this night belongs to you. Do as you please. Everything that brings us closer to this decision is fine with me.” Without any further word he pushed Riku aside forcefully, slamming the door behind.
There fell a deep silence. Elena sat down on the bed, covering her face with her hands in complete shock.
“He’s right.” Riku suddenly whispered and Elena lifted her head.
“With what?” she croaked, trying to suppress a little shiver.
“You have changed. We all have.” He slumped down on the floor, staring at the bottle in his hand. “During the last days, you... you were different. You... you were... you came back to where we started. You were my Elena again, not his! I haven’t been that attracted to you in years! It’s like... I don’t know... something or someone’s playing with our destiny.” He cocked his head. “I know, you love him with all your heart, but there’s this tiny place inside your soul that is still mine, am I right?”
She nodded slowly.
“Has something changed for you?” he asked carefully, trying hard not to show his excitement, to raise is hopes too high because he knew that he had once been on top, knowing that she was his, but only a second later he had been in the deepest depths he had ever experienced. He didn’t even know what to wish for.
Did he actually want her back?
Maybe the price was Samu’s friendship. A good, long friendship, one of the best he had ever had.
Maybe the price he had to pay was the band. How could they ever continue working together if... He didn’t even want to think about it.
Questioningly he looked into her eyes, waiting for her answer, somehow fearing it.
Again she only nodded.
“What?” he whispered, tightening the grip around his beer.
“I don’t know.” She whispered in response, holding his stare. “I... I like you. Most probably a lot more than I should but... God, Riku, I’m married to him! I love him!” she lay back, covering her face with her hands. Suddenly she sat up a little, resting her weight on her elbow. “It’s weird, somehow I feel like... Don’t you have the strange feeling that any second Samu and Raul are jumping inside like Ashton Kutcher, yelling ‘you have been punked’?”
Riku nodded and banged his head against the door in his back. “Actually I have, that’s why I’m still sitting here.”
Chuckling Elena sat up completely. “What are we supposed to do?”
“Well, I did something if I had a clue, don’t you think?”
“How ‘bout this: We try to find him and kick his arse.”
“Fine with me.” Slowly Riku got up. “But I have to admit, his offer was tempting.”
Elena nodded and blushed. “I know it’s weird, but yes, it was. God, I am the worst wife in the world.” She shook her head in disbelieve. “Can you believe this? I actually WANTED to sleep with you for a second!”
“Not only for a second!” He mumbled in response, feeling his cheeks blushing again.
“We are awful.”
“Hey! Don’t throw a dog a steak and tell him not to chew on it!”
“You’re not a dog, you’re a pig!” she reached out her hands. “And I am no steak! Help me up, I can’t walk.”
He stepped closer, putting his beer onto the bedside table before wrapping his arms around her to lift her up from the bed. “I will not tell you that I’m sorry for loving you.” He said in a very low voice.
She looked up at him, resting her forehead to his chin with a sigh. “I wouldn’t wanna hear it.” Again she sighed. “God, Riku! It is impossible to love two persons the way I love the two of you! It’s not fair!”
“Tell me about it!” he stepped back, carefully wrapping his arm around her waist to stabilize her.
“Maybe I should just... maybe I should leave. I... I can’t ruin your friendship, ruin the band, I... Riku, I can’t do this to both of you!”
“Schschscht!” he put his hand on her mouth, shaking his head. “You’re not leaving anyone, luv! I have been fine with this whole situation! I’ve been fine and I will be fine again. Don’t let this trouble you that much. We will figure this out! Let’s go find this mad husband of yours and tell him to fuck himself with his stupid ideas, alright?” he pulled her along as soon as she nodded hesitantly, opening the bedroom door.
Slowly they made their way downstairs. “Alright.” Riku grabbed Elena’s shoulders. “You’ll start searching the rooms, I’ll be outside looking for him. Whoever finds him first, tries to bring him to terms, alright? Can you do this?”
Still holding onto him she nodded. Then she stepped back, nodding again.
Soon she was walking up and down the corridor, asking people about Samu. Nobody had seen him. He had simply disappeared. Angry and frustrated she made her way outside after a while, trying to find Riku and set up a new plan. She didn’t have to go far: Even though he tried to keep the volume of his voice low, he almost yelled. “Why d’you fucking want it the hard way? She’s yours, mate! She’s your wife!”
Ha! The prodigal son was finally found! Speeding up her pace she rushed over the veranda as quick as her present state allowed it, turning left.
Riku.
Samu and...
A... a girl on his lap?
She stopped short, taking a deep breath.
Riku looked up. Stony-faced he stepped away from Samu. “If this is your idea of solving the problem, be my guest.” Quickly he put his arm around Elena, turning her around. “He wants us to take him serious, that’s why he’s now making out with one of the surfer-girls.” Pulling her along, he cursed silently. “I’m sorry you had to witness this.” He pulled her closer. “Come on, we... know what, you go inside grab a bottle of champagne, I go find a blanket and we go for a walk at the beach, what’d you say?”
“My... my husband is making out with another girl?” was all she could enunciate right at this second, staring up at Riku with wide eyes. “That’s not true, right? I mean he won’t... he won’t... wow.” She exhaled, realising that she had been holding her breath for quite some time. “Wow. This is like the weirdest dream I ever had!” she wrapped her arm around his hips, resting her forehead to his neck. Somehow Riku managed to continue walking in the tilted position she brought them in and entered the house. “Blanket.” He simply said, grabbing the first thing he found and put it in her hands. Opening the fridge he grabbed a bottle of champagne, turning around without saying another word.
 
They walked along the beach for minutes in complete silence. The wind was still warm and so was the sand underneath their feet. Still Riku held Elena close, softly caressing her shoulder with his fingertips.
“Come on.” Carefully he took the blanket from her, putting it down on the soft sand. “Have a seat, have a sip. Everything’s gonna be fine.”
She slumped down on the silky fabric of the blanket, staring up at him. “Everything’s gonna be fine?” she chuckled sarcastically. “Of course! Right at this moment my husband is most probably shagging a sexy surfer-girl, but everything else is perfectly fine!”
“Leni!” he whispered gently, rubbing her back. “He will come to his senses. Just give him some time, will you?”
Again she only chuckled dryly. “How long? Long enough to finish it? Jeez, mate, my marriage is over!” she rubbed her cheeks with her hands. “Come on, gimme some of that sparkling stuff!”
Sipping champagne from the bottle they sat together, staring into the water. After a while Riku put his arm around Elena again, pulling her closer. “We are some strange threesome, aren’t we?” he whispered, felling her nodding on his shoulder.
“We definitely are.” Sighing she took another deep swing, feeling around the back pockets of his shorts.
“You wanna touch my butt or search for a smoke?” he grinned at her, making her giggle tipsily.
“Both, actually. Must be the alcohol talking.” She squeezed his butt cheeks, one at a time, before wrapping her arm around him again. Suddenly he loosened grip, leaning back.
“Fags and,” he threw the package at her and turned to lie on his stomach. “And my butt to squeeze, if you feel like it.”
She spanked him softly, taking two cigarettes. “Want one too?”
He nodded, sitting up again. “No more spanking?” he pouted slightly, making her chuckle again. “Well, at least you are all smiles again when it comes to my butt!” he kissed her cheek. “You always had a thing for it, remember?”
“Feels good, dunno.” She lighted his cigarette, putting hers between her lips after a long sip from the bottle.
“Know what?” he took another swing as well, offering the bottle to her. “We go for a little swim now, what d’you say?”
Emptying the champagne, Elena put her hand over her lips, burping silently. “’scuse me.” She mumbled, laughing along with him.
“Come on, what d’you say?” softly he nudged her with his elbow. “Swim?”
“Dunno.” She scratched her nose. “I don’t have my bikini. Neither do I have my panties.”
“Wow, you’re going commando, making the big mistake of telling me about it???” chuckling he pulled his t-shirt over his head. “Come on! It’s not like I haven’t seen you naked before!”
“But... It has been years that...”
“Shshsht! No more buts!” he started to unbutton his khaki shorts. “Afraid I might catch a glance at your grey area?”
“Gandalf the grey talking!” she giggled, shakily getting up on her knees to pull up her dress. A little shiver ran down her spine, when she felt his hand, softly stroking her back.
“Come on!” he whispered, helping her up to pull her in a soft embrace. “There’s an ocean waiting for two drunken people in the middle of new-years-night. How perfect’s that?”
She stepped back, taking his hand. “If you put it this way, it comes close to my idea of perfection.” Her gaze ran over him. “Bad light, I don’t see any grey.”
“Neither do I.” Chuckling he narrowed his eyes.
“You must be blind!” she stopped. “Get your eyes checked! It’s right here!” pointing down between her legs, she broke into laughter.
“We could count mine later on, what d’you say?” he laughed along with her, wrapping his arm around her hips. “Might take some time though.” Carefully he took another step, wading into the water. “Come on, it’s nice!” he beckoned her over when she hesitated. “It’s not that cold! Come on!”
“It’s not the cold!” she measured the temperature with her toes. “What about sharks?”
Chuckling he spread his arms. “We’ll stay right here, there’s no sharks!”
“Promise?” she took another step.
“Promise!” he nodded with a smile. “Now come on, Chucks! It’s fine, I’m here with you!” as soon as she was close enough he slipped his arms around her shoulders, slowly pulling her down into the knee-deep water. “See? No sharks at all. Only you, the grey-hound and the moon.”
“Deeper.” She demanded after sitting next to him, chatting for a while, the low waves rolling over them.
“Wrap your arms around my neck, I’ll pull you along.” He offered immediately, taking her hands.
“How deep’s that?” anxiously she wrapped her legs around him from behind after a few meters.
He put down his feet. “Chest.” He announced, turning around to face her. “Deep enough for now?”
She nodded quickly, still holding him close. “I’m really afraid of sharks!” she admitted, making him chuckle.
“I know you are, Chucky. You always were.” Running his hands up and down her back he sighed, resting his forehead onto hers. “God, why do I have to be so desperately in love with you? Why does everything...”
Softly she put her hand on his lips.
The full moon was shining brightly, illuminating the whole beach, the trees, the sand and his wet hair. Shining eyes, a soft mouth, pressed up against her fingers, irresistible. Following her deepest instincts, she replaced her hand with her own lips, kissing him gently.
Instantly he pulled her closer, deepening the kiss.
Wet skin on wet skin.
Salty lips on salty lips.
Nothing sweeter, nothing purer possible.
She was out of breath when he broke the kiss, running his dripping hand over her face, smiling and pulling her in for another breath-taking embrace.
“I love you.” He whispered, not letting go of her lips, almost effortlessly slipping inside of her when she pulled him closer, tightly wrapping her legs around him.
“Love you too.” She whispered in response, grabbing his soaking wet hair.
They didn’t have to move. All they had to do was holding on to each other, the tide of the waves moving their bodies in a slow and soft rhythm. It felt like eternity. They were part of the waves, part of the ocean, part of its rhythm. Endlessly, effortlessly, continuing indefinitely and weightless, completely careless. 
After what felt like hours they lay together on the blanket, still holding and caressing each other, kissing, the dark sky and its stars looking down on them. Nothing mattered. Everything was now. Now, right at this second in their embrace. Now. In intimacy and closeness.
Even after all these years their bodies still functioned in the same rhythm. A passionate pulse of trust, a burning beat of fervour, the same perfect cadence of love.
 
She awoke with a start when she felt someone flinching by her side. Quickly she opened her eyes, looking up into the face of an old woman that was talking in a strange language, nudging Riku behind her with her walking stick. Narrowing her eyes she lay back, turning around to bury her face at Riku’s chest. The sun was about to rise from the ocean, everything seemed too bright, yellow and orange. Riku groaned deeply in annoyance, pulling her closer to his naked body. He wrapped the blanket around her, softly kissing her lips. “Morning, luv.” He whispered hoarsely, causing the familiar goosebumps all over her body.
Suddenly everything became quiet. She opened her eyes, but everything was dark. She gasped in fear, feeling a hand shaking her roughly.
“Wake up! You’re gonna be late for work again!” The voice faded. “Get up for fuck’s sake!”
She knew the voice...
It was...
Somehow it sounded familiar...
Rob!    

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen