Sonntag, 17. April 2016

Chapter 4 - Where does Timetraveling take you?

After Internet-free vacation the story continues. I am truly sorry for letting you wait that long!




Chapter 4

Soon after this next surprising turn of events, I was walking along the long white and grey corridors behind the stage with three members of Sunrise Avenue. It felt unreal but at the same time I knew these guys, knew them like the back of my hand. But things progressed in a different way than I had expected or actually awaited from my memories. Samu didn’t back off like the last time. And he made it really hard for me to exchange more than a few sentences with Riku. To my surprise it started to annoy me after a while and it was me that stepped aside or walked slower for Riku to catch up. I was here to get to know him, not Samu. To Samu everything was a game, every girl was easy and every night spent with a chick was simply another kerb in his bedpost. And I didn’t intend to become just that. I was here to fight for a beautiful life, not a good shag. And as far as I knew Samu he had never been serious with any girl he had met.
Gritting my teeth I put my hand on Riku’s arm and pulled him aside a little to ask him a few more questions about the band. I was here on a job, so I was better trying to make some use of our limited time. Riku was as charming as I remembered him and even though I felt like punching him hard for what he was about to do to me one day, I tried to return his smiles and even linked arms with him.
For over an hour they let us stay and showed us around the stage to watch the technicians do their work. We even watched them rehears and were asked about our favourite Italian food by one of the assistants because the band would have a snack before the show and apparently they had planned for us to stay.

Everything went different. But still it felt like fairy tale-wonderland and a lot better than my last first time with those five Finnish guys that had only started breaking through. Almost a little melancholic I watched the five of them, now wearing track suits and sneakers, doing their routines inside the huge empty concert hall. This would be my life for the next years. Concert halls, backstage areas, a lot of flying and traveling. Giving Anna an almost sad little smile, I looked back at Riku. Even though we had been apart so often, I had nearly always been happy with him. I had kept my job and even built a career, we had a lovely place, some places all over Europe to be more precise, and I had never missed anything. Or did I?
My gaze travelled over Haber and I found him looking back at me, forgetting his line and cursing lowly. “Can somebody please turn up the lights a little, I am not used to being stared at from the audience!” he yelled in a joking tone, making Raul slap the back of his head.
“Get in line, puppet boy!” the other man demanded, giving the technician at the mixing desk a sign to start the song once more.
“I’m glad I came here today.” Anna said suddenly and I returned her smile.
“Me too.” Putting my arm around her, I pulled her in to kiss her temple. No one would hurt my baby sister, as long as I could prevent it. “Long night out with the lads, are you in?”
“Hell, yes!” she giggled, pointing at Sami behind his drums. “He is quite cute, isn’t he?”
“He definitely is.” I agreed, sighing lowly.
Why was I unable to make up my mind about the choices that I had to make?

The later evening even held a few more surprises for us: I didn’t recall that we had actually been to a club that night, as far as my memories were correct, they had invited me to the hotel bar, that had been quiet, decent and had a good supply in vine and whisky. Even so, I was right now standing in front of a big and noisy club, lined up between hundreds of people that were waiting to finally enter. Anna by my side was nervously fiddling with her green blouse.
“They won’t let us in!” she repeated again in a whisper and I tried my best to calm her down. Girls were always waved through, they needed chicks in clubs. But when I looked around us, we were definitely the only ones with jeans. And no heels. And lack of makeup and hairspray and miniskirts. Damn. Trying to smile brightly, I stepped forward and nodded at the big Russian guy that was guarding the doors. He only flashed a gaze at us and shook his head, giving the girls in the short dresses behind us a wink and his go.
“Seriously?” I asked the bouncer when we were pushed aside by a herd of half-naked females.
He only shrugged. “Suit up suitably next time, little daisy.” He said with a remarkably deep voice and I sighed. Why was in this world nothing working out the way it was supposed to?
“Can we wait here for a second, I need to call a friend who’s inside already.” I tried one last time and he nodded reluctantly.
“Back there, you’re in the way of our customers.”
Cursing lowly and deciding not to have even one drink in this stupid club, I grabbed my mobile, for the first time really glad that Samu had not only saved my mobile number, but called me right away to make sure that he had typed the right numbers.
It was extremely noisy around him and he almost yelled at me when he picked up. “Elena? Where are you girls?”
“Outside, they won’t let us in, we are not appropriately dressed.”
He laughed heartily. “Well, maybe not inappropriately dressed!” he gave back, making me giggle.
“So, are you coming to get us or what?” I said teasingly and he laughed once more.
“On my way, Mylady!”
Grinning I put the mobile away. “He’s coming to get us.” I whispered at Anna that started clapping excitedly.
“Wait, I always wanted to do that.” Sneaking closer to the bouncer again, I waited for Samu to show up. The Russian soldier gave me a stern look.
“Didn’t I just send you two butterflies away?” he waved his hand as if to waft a few crumbs off the table. “Come back when you’re dressed suitably!”
Suddenly there was shrieking in the front rows and I spotted Samu standing in the entrance door with a white shirt that looked fabulous. He winked at me, taking a bow. “Mylady.” Grinning he beckoned us over and I gave the bouncer a sweet smile.
“I am with him.” I had always wanted to say that one out loud for once and it felt incredibly good. The Russian looked me up and down again with an appraising look, but when Samu stepped closer and took me in his arms, conspiratorially whispering ‘follow my lead!’ and even pecking my lips, the bouncer stepped back, making way. “Get her dressed properly next time!”
Grabbing Anna’s hand, Samu winked at the bouncer, giving my sister a kiss as well.
“Both mine!” he stated with a grin. “And trust me, I will UN-dress them properly asap.” With that he turned on his heels, pulling us with him.
“Nice show!” I raised my glass in his direction when he showed us to the VIP-area of the club after quickly getting a drink for both of us.
He turned around, smiling broadly. “I hate those places.” He admitted, stepping closer. “Not letting you but those girls in,” he pointed randomly into the crowd. “What a waste of space!” his hand ran along my spine. “Now come on, let’s break something and not pay for it.” Playfully he nudged me with his elbow, pointing ahead. “After you, Mylady. Drinks are free tonight, we were told that they invited us to get their little dancing arena full again, so…” his grin grew wider and he wrapped his arm around me. “Let’s see how drunk we can get, what d’you think?”
“Sounds like a plan, Mylord.” In a very good mood all of a sudden, my arm wrapped itself around Samu’s waist of its own accord and I smiled up at him. “I always wanted to dance on a table and break it.”
He saluted me with his drink, nodding immediately. “Let’s start with that, maybe I’ll figure out something even better, just gimme some time.”

We had decided not to dance on the tables since they were made of blue and dark red glass. Nonetheless it was a blast and after my fourth drink I managed to talk both Anna and Samu into joining me for some dancing on the luxurious leather couches.
The VIP-area, I had never been to one before, was actually pretty awesome. It was situated on the second floor, whilst everybody else danced and drank on the ground floors. It was also not only a room with a dancefloor, but shaped like a round going gallery from where we could see everything that was going on below us. Fascinated I stood at the rim of the balcony, watching hundreds of people move to the beat only six metres beneath. Suddenly there was a hand on my back. It slipped around my waist and I was turned around to face Samu.
“Having fun?” he grinned with a cigarette between his lips. I nodded immediately and took it from him, having a few puffs myself before I handed it back. Blowing a large cloud of smoke over my shoulder, he bent down.
“I got an idea.” He whispered into my ear, resting his hands on both sides of the rim to corner me with his body.
My heart was beating in my ears and I felt a soft tingle in the lowest parts of my belly when he brushed his lips over my earlobe.
“What would that be?” I managed to whisper back, putting my hand on his chest to push him away slightly and look up into his eyes. Big mistake! Now my heart was fluttering like a little bird. Damn, those mesmerizing ice-blue eyes!
“Surprise.” He winked at me and I could feel his warm breath on my face. “Just have to check on something.” With that he stepped back, giving me another wink. “I’ll be right back.”
With a throbbing heart and weird ringing noises in my head, I watched him making his way through the crowd around us. What was he up to? My drunken thoughts were racing on my mind. Jesus Christ, what a night. Smiling I wanted to turn around and get myself another gin and tonic, when I suddenly spotted a girl in a glittery blue dress approaching Samu at the other side of the gallery. I narrowed my eyes, not liking it one bit when she touched his arm. Even though I tried to fight the stupid feeling, I suddenly felt jealous. Especially because he bent down in her direction instantly and even put a hand on her arm.
With my teeth gritted I watched her, playing with her hair, laughing and touching his chest. He nodded suddenly, gesturing with his free hand, then pointing at the doors behind him. I felt speechless. Hadn’t we just… didn’t he… wow. Had he just invited her to join him at the loo? Completely taken aback I watched him steering towards the two large doors made of dark wood. The girl was meanwhile downing a drink with her cheering friends. Ruffling her hair and straightening her dress she gave them thumbs up and followed Samu.
Wow. Right. I had supressed the memory of him being a total jerk and the lady-killer of the group. Hadn’t he just flirted with me almost all evening? He couldn’t seriously ask another woman to join him outside, he simply couldn’t fuck around like that while he was flirting with me! Grumpily I stared at the empty glass in my hand. Now I definitely needed a drink! When I turned around totally annoyed, there was someone right behind me.
“Careful, watch it!” It was Riku. He was quick to step aside, two drinks in his hands. “Are you up for another round?” smiling he rested his back against the rim of the gallery, raising his glass in my direction.
“Thanks!” A little surprised I took the second glass from him and gulped down half of its dark red contents.
“Welcome.” He gave me another smile and nodded at the dancefloor below. “D’you wanna dance?”
“Down there?” astound I looked at him, finding him smiling broadly.
“Or back on the couch.” He offered, making me chuckle.
“Let’s finish those drinks and go slumming.”
Laughing he clinked glasses with me. “Sounds good.”
Only a few minutes later we headed downstairs and somehow it felt very natural that Riku had my hand in his. Dancing ridiculously wild and close, I suddenly realized that I had been on a completely other mission the minute I had decided to come here tonight. I wrapped my arms around Riku’s neck, moving slowly with the beat of the music. This should have been my mission all along: Winning my husband back. I gave the younger version of my beautiful spouse a smile and he returned it immediately, pulling me even closer.
“What’s your favourite movie?” he suddenly asked over the hammering bass around us and I looked up at him astound, my face only half an inch away from him.
“Life of Brian by Monty Python.” I heard myself answer and gave the choice a good thinking. There were many, but the spontaneous answer seemed right at that very moment. He simply nodded. “Favourite food?”
“Desert.”
He laughed, pulling me closer again to snuggle his cheek on mine. “Favourite music?”
“Foo fighters. No, Simon and Garfunkel… no… Kings of Leon… I don’t know.” Exhaling lowly I put my hand on his chin to make him look at me again. “Why?”
He shrugged airily. “Just askin’.” Giving me a huge smile, he ran his hand through my hair and rested it on the back of my neck. “I feel like I really wanna get to know you.” He suddenly stated, and I felt a shiver going through me.
Was it possible that I was on the perfectly right path now? Did he feel it too, our connection, the bond between us? I should have been happy over the moon but instead my eyes still scanned the gallery upstairs. I couldn’t see the doors from my spot, but I was unable not to stare in the direction where Samu had disappeared.
I was definitely not quite right in the head. Here I stood, holding my husband to be, dancing and almost dry humping him but instead of being focused on his dazzling eyes and his stunning body that was moving so close to mine, I kept throwing gazes into the upper floor, asking myself over and over why Samu had simply dropped me like a hot potato. Was he now actually banging this other chick on the toilet? The mere thought of it made me feel sick and I tried my best to concentrate on Riku again when all of a sudden I saw the white shirt from the corner of my eye. Turning my head completely, I let my gaze travel along the wooden rim of the gallery again. There he was. My heart skipped a beat and I stepped away from Riku, inwardly cursing myself. Only a minute ago he had at least been cock sucked by blue glitter dress, why should I not be dancing with someone else now? Gritting my teeth I cursed again, feeling confused like never before in my life.
I wanted to stick to the plan, and meeting Samu and trying my luck with him had never been part of it! Taking a deep breath, I tried to smile at Riku.
“You wanna get another drink?” I asked, but he looked at me in an odd way, suddenly cocking his head and looking up at the gallery.
When I turned around I found Samu standing at the railing with a stern look on his face, but Riku simply grabbed my arm.
“Drink sounds good.” He said, taking my hand to pull me through the crowd and to the opposite set of staircases.
We had only mingled with the other guests again with a fresh drink, when Riku’s mobile rang. He looked at me apologetically, gesturing towards the back doors. I nodded, quickly adjusting my top and signalling him that I would wait where I was. Smiling he rubbed my arm and made his way through the crowd. A little lost I kept standing at the bar, suddenly being grabbed roughly.
“Who’s he with? You’re with Riku, right? So tell me!” a cloud of perfume and liquor tickled my nose trills and I shrank back from the smell.
Blue glitter dress? Bewildered I looked at her and the little peer group of girls she had brought.
“Pardon me, what?” I asked, stepping back another few inches when she frowned at me.
“WHO is he with?” she repeated, her outreached index finger tipping my shoulder to emphasise her words.
“Who’s who with?” getting angry for being cornered by the very chick that had only minutes ago had the guts to take off with Samu, I pushed her away.
“Samu Haber!” she hissed, putting her hands on her hips. “He asked me to come with him but only gave me an autograph because he was here with someone! Now who’s she?” furiously she stared at me, but I couldn’t refrain from the stupid grin that spread over my face.
“I have no idea what you are talking about.” Still grinning I paved my way through them.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen