Donnerstag, 21. April 2016

Chapter 7 - Where does Timetraveling take you?



Chapter 7

I was still sitting in my shower, considering my situation from all angles with water running over my head, when the door was suddenly opened. My head poked up. Hadn’t I locked the bathroom?
Watching Samu entering through the frosted glass of my shower, I ran my hand over my dripping face.
“Hey.” He sat down at the closed toilet seat as if it was the most natural thing in the world. “I made some more coffee, you want?” I saw him raising my red cup from before and switched off the water.
“Can… can you get me my towel?” I asked, clearing my throat.
I had come up with nothing, as much as I had puzzled my head over my situation, further plans or potential outcomes. And now I was sitting in my shower completely in the nude, waiting for Samu to get me my towel.
Important question: Why didn’t it feel as awkward as it was supposed to feel?
He had the decency not to stare even though he mockingly tried to pull down the towel a few times while I was applying my day cream.
“I got croissants, they were still warm when I left the bakery.” With his hands on my shoulders he pushed me towards the living area where he had set the table for us with croissants, coffee and even juice.
“I wanna get dressed first!” I protested weakly, but he only clicked his tongue, forcing me into a chair.
“You, madame, want a croissant. Admit it or not, all girls want croissants and they never have them because they contain too much fat.” Completely content he slumped down next to me, biting off his breakfast heartily before he offered it to me. “Do I have to feed you?” he mumbled with his mouth full of flaky pastry.
Smiling I adjusted my towel, grabbing a deliciously smelling and in fact still warm croissant from the plate. “No need to force me into eating.” I assured him, watching his smile grow wider.

All of a sudden a new idea was born. It was simply there, maybe it was due to the food.

Why…? Why not…?

I had sorted out Samu as a potential boyfriend for what reasons exactly…?

  1. His good looks and my crush on him had made me feel uncomfortable being around him 
  2. He had tried to be close to me all the time and it had curbed my freedom and hemmed me in
  3. Whenever we met, as soon as I started talking to Riku, he had seemingly lost interest and made out with anything female crossing his path
  4. Riku and I realized quickly just how many things we had in common and it made us great friends. Which, most probably, had pushed Samu even further aside

So… looking at him over the rim of my coffee cup, I tucked up my leg without even thinking about it, putting my foot up on his chair to play around his leg with my toes. Without those weird relics from the past, was there perhaps a chance for us?
Maybe there was, but only if I truly granted him this chance. Thoughtfully I cocked my head, making him furrow his brows.
“Why so serious?” his hand ran along my calf and he moved a little closer.
Still looking at him, I took his hand in mine. 
What had Riku done to win my heart? And how had it started? We had been to a museum the morning after our first meeting and the little party at the hotel bar. And I had given him a guided tour through Frankfurt. Maybe I should simply do the same thing again. Maybe he would win me when I took him on the same date and if he didn’t, nothing was lost and I then knew for sure, who my soulmate was.
Smiling I played with the palms of his hands. “Are you in for a day of strolling into town and a nice sidestep into my favourite museum?” I asked, feeling his grip tighten around my hands.
He bent forward in my direction with a saucy grin. “Well I could think of a few nice sidesteps we should definitely take first, but yeah, I’m in.” his hands ran over my arms and up to my shoulders. “As long as you make a hot guide for me, I will follow you anywhere.”

And so he did. Without complaining he let me guide him through town to Goethe-House, Römer, the Old Opera and, after I had lost rock paper scissors four times, to the zoo instead of the Senckenberg Museum where I had taken Riku on our first date. To my surprise we had a blast on this almost perfect first date.
It was late afternoon when we sat together in a small café and I started again giving him a small lecture about one of the churches nearby, when he suddenly bent over in my direction and took my hands with a grin. “Mylady, you are the cutes smartarse I ever met.” Pulling my closer, he put my sunglasses into my hair. “And surprisingly I don’t get tired of listening to you.” With that he kissed me.
It simply happened.
And it felt great.
Wrapping my arms around his neck, I pulled him closer, feeling his hands running over my back to even pull me on his lap.
“At some point,” he whispered into my ear after a few seconds and ran his fingertips over my thigh. “At some point it was nearly impossible to keep listening to you talking about this opera house or the penguins or whatever.” Breathlessly he chuckled. “All I wanted to do was shut you up for only a moment.”
Before I could respond, he had already cupped my face with his hands and kissed me even more intensely.
“I have to get back to the hotel soon.” Running his thumb over my lips, he scrutinized my face. “The lads are organizing some dinner stuff and I have to be there.” He smiled and kissed me again. “Will you take me home again afterwards?”
With my hands in his hair and his lips on my neck I managed to nod. “Go get dressed, I’ll meet you at Leonhard’s in an hour.” Softly I pushed him away to look into his beautiful eyes. “I can’t wait.” I whispered against his lips.





Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen