Dienstag, 31. Mai 2016

Chapter 13 - Welcome to my Life



Nicky’s POV

The soul mate-bastard had sounded pretty confident, but I saw his hands shaking when he made his first steps to follow Linnea. He had stared at the baby for minutes. Sometimes secretly, from the corner of his eye, then again longingly, wanting to hold him and cuddle him the way I did. Stubbornly I had ignored the silent begging and Jannis made it easy for me because he held onto me firmly, starting to cry whenever Samu or Jenna came even close. Right now he was snuggled to my neck, playing with my necklace and babbling lowly. I was almost unable to bite back a satisfied grin when I heard him sing-babbling “Dadydadady”.
It only took a minute before there was yelling in the backroom. This time Linnea had also switched to Finnish and I gritted my teeth. Looking at Samu and Jenna I found the two of the holding hands all of a sudden, staring at the dark wood of the door with pale faces.
“What is it about?” I asked after a while when the yelling and shouting became even louder and even some of the customers were looking already.
Samu sat down, looking up at me. “They are…”
“Don’t say “they are fighting”, that is a little obvious!” I interrupted harshly.
“She… and now he…” he frowned, sighing lowly. “Bad move.” He murmured, shaking his head. “Now he is… Puh!” again he shook his head. “Sorry, Nick, they… they are both really playing dirty right now! She… she tells him that she is over him and that she doesn’t want to see him again, he is insulting you, trying to make her see… well, make her feel bad for what happened to him during Jannis birth and afterwards, now she is…” he listened for a few moments. “She lets him have it, wow.” The blond man rubbed his face with his free hand, looking at me again. “This talk is really a low point for both of them.” Sighing he got up again. “Let’s hope they don’t get physical in a bad way!” he stated worriedly when all of a sudden a bang and some more intense shouting were heard, only seconds later followed by Linnea, forcefully dragging Riku along.
“You!” She pointed at all of us with fury in her eyes. “You damn bastards! The only thing I wanted was to get over everything, but no, you have to come back and slap me right in the face! And you,” she pointed at me, her eyes by now shooting little sparkles of lighting. “I will never forgive you that you did this behind my back! You lied to me! I trusted you and you fucking lie to my face!” She hissed something in Finnish, pushing Riku through the entrance door of the diner where she stood in front of him, stomping with her feet, waving her hands and clenching her fists again and again.
He watched her without a sound, his dark brows furrowed. I had not expected his next move and sucked in a breath in unison with Jenna: Completely ignoring the ranting woman in front of him, Riku simply grabbed her by her shoulders and kissed her. It wasn’t a soft or loving kiss but a simple statement. ‘You are mine’. And hell, I would not let him do that! Wrapping my arms tighter around Jannis, I looked down at the baby and over to Jenna, that was almost as shocked as I was. Before I could react in any way, Lin did. She pushed Riku away, slapping his face. Once. Twice. Three times. But he didn’t back off. Instead he stepped closer again, wrapping his arms around her to stop her from fighting him. She struggled, still hitting him with her fists wherever she could find a spot in reach, but I could tell that she was by now crying. This was not the way I had wanted this to go and I felt my heart beating painfully. I felt it the second she stepped back, drying her tears. They simply stood there for a few more minutes, closer now, talking seriously. And when she turned towards the diner again, I basically knew what she was about to tell me.


***************************************************************************

A soft knock at the door and I feel like waking up from a dream. Breathlessly I stare down at the screen of my computer, trying to come back to reality as quickly as possible.
He pops his head around the corner, smiling.
“Hey.” He says. “Sorry to interrupt, but the crew is by now starving.”
I look at the clock on my desk, glad to avoid eye contact for a few seconds.
“Oh!” it is six already, of course they are hungry by now! My stomach is growling and the baby all of a sudden reminds me by kicking my poor liver that I should definitely have dinner right now!
“I’ll be right with you!” I manage to smile at him and he returns my smile, looking back over his shoulder into the living area before he steps closer, softly rubbing my tensed shoulders.
“You look tired!” he states a little critically, rubbing the rest of my back and I lean into his hands with a sigh.
“You’re right, maybe I should have a bath tonight.”
“I might join if there is still some space left beside you and the tummy!” he jokes, kissing my hair.
As soon as he has left, I press Ctrl+S to save the words that took me a whole afternoon to write and really made me feel exhausted. Quickly I add a few last sentences before I turn in my chair. A guitar is playing in the kitchen and I feel a smile spreading all over my face. Daddy’s last resort.
I smell mashed potatoes and fish fingers and my stomach is again making a lot of hungry noise. He smiles up at me from the floor without stopping to play, Jannis and Juliane still dancing around him. Bending down as far as I can, I manage to kiss his lips, remembering the last words of my now finished story:
“I really love you, but Riku and I, we are a family and I have to give him another chance.”
And he didn’t disappoint me ever again. Still smiling I run my fingers over Riku’s cheek, playing with the little earring he still wears even though I keep telling him that he is by now in his forties and far too old for it. He smiles back, kissing the palm of my hand. With a low sigh I send a little prayer to the Gods above, hoping that Nicky is right now happy with his life. He deserves nothing less.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen