Donnerstag, 12. Mai 2016

Chapter 4 - Welcome to my Life



Chapter 4

Nicky’s POV

I seriously thought about getting a job. Actually, when I came to think about it at first I almost laughed at myself. But during the one week I gave me until I could try to meet Linnea again at the diner (some women-magazines had somehow created this magical week and I intended to see it through), I actually started to look through some online job advertisements. I had the money and loads of time but I also needed activity, needed my hands and mind occupied.
It was a Thursday morning, the last day of my week of patience – if I had had a calendar I would have crossed or circled it – when I found a perfect job for me: a local radio station was looking for a new reporter, covering sports. Buhyah! I picked up the phone and my self-confidence couldn’t get much higher. I knew sports and wuhahu, I definitely knew talking!
“24/7-radio London, my name is Rosie Grbrwrhth.”
I didn’t get the whole name but that didn’t matter. “Rosie.” Smiling I bent forward, resting my elbows on the table. “This is Nicky Byrne speaking, I was wondering if that job for the sports reporter was still open.”
There was a short silence at the other end of the line and I grinned to myself. Blown off yer feet, babydoll?
“Alright, funny. Wanna line up behind George Clooney and Prince Harry? They also called this morning to ask me out.” She suddenly snapped at me. “If you are interested, we need a full CV, picture and also a cover letter from you.”
Now I was completely puzzled. “Alright.” I heard myself stutter. “But there’s not much to tell, I spent almost half my life as a member of Westlife.”
The young woman moaned, but not in a good way. “Jeez, just send your stuff.” She exhaled. “Responsible for that is Peter Forks, I assume you got the address. Now have a good day, Mr Filan.”
“Byrne, it’s…” but she had already hung up on me and I stared down at the phone in my hand. “Byrne.”
Wow! Welcome to real life. My Westlife-bonus seemed to diminish quickly.
Well, whatever, time for breakfast. Grinning I put on my good jacket – Hugo Boss, grey wool, chic, understatement, perfectly fitting – and checked my hair in the mirror on the corridor wall (finally I had bought one and attached it). Good looking, nicely smiling. Suddenly an idea came to my mind. Linnea was the most helpful person I had ever met, maybe I could make her help me with my job application and get her to spend some more time with me. The idea was forming so quickly that I almost rushed back into my bedroom, grabbing my laptop. Two birds killed with one stone! She would definitely sit down with me for a cup of coffee. We could talk and I could eventually show her that I wasn’t a drunken prick. Excitedly I put the laptop, cable and a note pad into my back pack, wrapping my scarf tighter around my neck. Mission “Meet the nice Nicky” was on!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen