Montag, 9. Mai 2016

New Story - Welcome to my Life

Hey everyone!
This story is again very old and it was first published on another fanfiction-bulletin.
Actually it was a Westlife-Forum and people there got really agitated because it included Sunrise Avenue as well as Westlife. So maybe you will feel the same ;)
Be warned, if you really hate Westlife, you maybe shouldnt start it. I never was a fan myself, but I helped out on thebulletin-board and took the beta reading and scripting as a chance to improve my poor english :)

Now enjoy the first chapter :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1



Linnea’s POV

 “Mooooooom!”
“What is it, love?” looking up from my computer, I find Jannis jumping in the doorway with his rubber boots in his hands. “What is it, love?” I repeat softly because he is still jumping and close to tears.
“I… I wanna…go outside!” pointing at the window that gives a nice example of a perfectly grey and rainy autumn day, he nods frantically.
“Well, ask your father then.” I move a little in my seat. “Mommy’s got some stuff to do today and I really wanna finish it, you understand?”
The facial expression of my four year old changes from surprised into my favourite: The BIG frown.
“But Daddy’s with Julie, he told me to ask YOU!” the little index finger rises, reproachfully pointing at me.
Sighing I get up, massaging my growing belly. Damn, soon we will have three kids in the house! How on earth am I supposed to manage that?
“Hun?” I yell over to the living room, taking Jannis’ hand to take him along.
He looks up from the floor where he is sitting, playing with Julie, our two year old daughter. “Hm?” he mumbles back at me, repeatedly kissing the giraffe his daughter is pressing to his mouth.
“Can you please take them outside?” I ask, putting all my female “I am so exhausted and neeeeeed to finish something” into my look.
He surrenders instantly, sighing lowly. “Yah, right, will do.” Flashing a look at the window and the foggy sky, he sighs again before he gets up, pulling Julie with him. “Come on you guys, Mommy needs a break! Let’s got to the playground.”
The double cheering is almost deafening and I sneak back into my study, more than willing to catch my little window of opportunity.
Back at my desk I stare at the empty white screen. How do I begin? What is the first word in my little “story of my life” or maybe rather “story of our life”?
Taking a deep breath, I close my eyes.
It is 2015 now. And I had met Nicky for the first time in 2011…

The morning was dark and cold. London, well…
Rushing along the empty streets, I wrapped my arms around the little bundle that was attached to my chest. Jannis had not been well during the night and of course and as usual I hadn’t gotten a wink of sleep with the crying four month old by my side. Now, at half past fife in the morning, I was again late for my shift at “Jon’s”, the little diner I worked at. Most probably Jon would be mad by now, today I had half an hour delay. Well, he was my friend, most probably he would take Jannis in his arms and forget about everything when he saw the sweet little face of my son.
Walking around a corner, I tripped and almost fell down onto the wet ground. Damn bin-liners everywhere! I cursed lowly, regaining my balance. Who on earth would place a damn garbage bag right behind a corner? Attempting to kick the bag away, I stopped short when I suddenly heard a low noise, the bag moving all of a sudden.
Double damn. He was most probably wet to the core, his jeans and shirt – was he actually wearing a SHIRT in the middle of November??? – dark from the rain.
“Sir?” carefully I bent over a little. “Sir, are you alright?”
He looked up at me, his eyes red from booze.
“What the fuck?” he managed to mumble with his teeth chattering behind his ice cold lips that already had a pretty unpleasant blue colour.
“D’you need help?” I had moved away a few steps, he smelled bad and I even saw vomit on his wet shirt. Slowly I took another step, looking down the street. Jon would be so mad by now! And I was standing here, helping a drunkard because my newly developed Mommy-hormones made me as soft as silk. Damn!
“Sir, I work at “Jon’s” right over there, can I maybe get you some coffee or try to find a dry shirt for you?” I offered, moving backwards when he suddenly got up from the floor, reaching out his hands in my direction as if he wanted help. Quickly I wrapped my arm around Jannis, warningly raising my free hand.
“Don’t come any closer!”
He stared at me surprised, lowering his hands. “I won’t.” Shivering he wrapped his arms around his chest. “I… seems I… I’m sorry, Miss… Mrs…”
“Linnea.” I cut him short, looking him over again. Somehow this guy looked familiar, but I couldn’t put my finger on it. Even though he looked like shit and was completely hang-overed, I couldn’t deny that he was handsome, even attractive with his blond hair and his facial features that seemed to be perfectly symmetric in a weird way that made me stare at him, all of a sudden mesmerized by his incredibly blue eyes. Hui! Quickly I took three steps back. Damn hormones! When would I finally be me again?
Suddenly he snorted. “Well then, wanna take a picture?” he asked sarcastically, hunkering down. “Do as you please. Nicky Byrne, completely drunk, in the dirt. Perfect!”
Wow. I felt my mouth drop open. Nicky Byrne indeed! If you are living in the UK, you can’t get around the tabloids and damn, they were full of THEM these days. Westlife, the big breakup. The “amicably” decided breakup. Well… Byrne had been in the gossip news the most because of his wife that had left him only a few weeks before the band’s end. They had always been the perfect couple and – according to the press – she had been fed up with it and with him and now lived with her family again, dating a local politician. And I had right now sitting in the dirt the remains of Nicky Byrne, handsome, sexy, funny Nicky… well… not anymore.
“Come on, let’s go.” I beckoned him over. “My boss is waiting for me and you definitely need some dry clothes and a breakfast.”
Cocking his eyebrow he stared up at me, running his fingers over his face. “I don’t have my wallet.” He mumbled back, still sitting in the puddle he had slept in.
“It’s on me. Now come on, otherwise there might be someone passing with a smartphone or a camera. I got neither and offer you breakfast. What’s your answer?”
Still sitting on the ground he buried his face in his hands.
“Yes?” he ask-answered.
“Then get yer arse up, Mr Byrne.”

Jon was indeed mad at me. But only a little. It had been a quiet but long night with a private birthday party and he had decided to sleep in one of the backrooms of the bar after closing. He looked at me as if I was a crazy person when I asked him for some dry clothes for the soaking wet Nicky Byrne that was standing in the doorway, shivering.
“Well, well…” he gave me the famous “Jon-look” with his big hands placed on the counter in front of him. “Since when did you start finding new friends in the dregs?” looking Nicky over, he signalised him to close to door and come closer. “Lin, you got a big heart and I love you for it, but…”
I walked behind the counter, putting my hand on his arm. “Jon, please.” Looking up at my tall friend, I squeezed his fingers. “This is only half the story. Meet Nicky Byrne from Westlife, he needs dry clothes and some food, doesn’t have his wallet and needs some privacy from the media until he feels and looks a little better.” I gave Nicky a grin.
Jon rolled his eyes, beckoning Nicky over. “Welcome at Jon’s, Mr Byrne.” He said ironically. “It is not the Waldorf Astoria, but you’ll have to cope with that.” Giving me another stern look, he pulled Nicky along. “Table three.” He pointed ahead. “And ask Lou if he needs anything more.”
Now who was having a big heart? Smiling I walked over to the couple at table three, taking their orders. Only 15 minutes later Nicky was back, wearing some of Jon’s old janitor pants and a big brown pullover. I had told Damien in the kitchen that I needed some hangover-breakfast and strong coffee and as usual D was quick.
“Bon appetite.” I placed the tray in front of Nicky at the counter, swaying Jannis that started to get a little twitchy in his wraparound garment. It was after six by now and the place started to fill with working people that needed a snack on their ways to the subway or bus station only 200 metres from Jon’s. Breathing a sigh of relief I waved at Cate, the new waitress for the morning shift. Finally Jon would take Jannis and bring him home before he took him to the daycare at nine. It was so much easier to serve and run around without the baby. Cate gave me a quick hug and kissed Jannis’ head before she took her apron and signalised me that I could take a break.
I threw a gaze around. Everything looked fine, Cate would manage the diner on her own for a few breastfeeding-minutes. My eyes stopped at the bar where Nicky was still sitting, picking on his breakfast. He had been eating slowly, most probably he still felt sick but he looked a lot better now. Quickly I went over to him, refilling his cup. “I’ll be back in a few minutes, if there’s anything you need, feel free to ask Cate over there.” I pointed at my friend, giving Nicky a smile before I went into one of the backrooms.
Jon was waiting at the counter and I handed Jannis over to him about 20 minutes later. “Highly pleased, full and changed.” I kissed the baby and Jon’s cheek. “See you two at four!”
“Still some milk in the fridge?” Jon asked – by now pretty experienced – and I gave him a hug.
“Some’s left from yesterday and there’s also some formula if you need more.”
My good friend frowned. “Formula?” he asked as if I had instructed him to bottle cat pee and give it to the baby. “No way! Most probably I will be awake so we will just come by for the feeding.”
Surprised I stepped back. “Don’t you wanna take him to the daycare and get some sleep?”
“I got some.” Jon smiled broadly, rocking Jannis on his arm. “I’d rather have a little men’s-day with my little pal.”
“Alright.” I returned his smile. “Come back any time, okay?”
“Yes, Mum.” He bent down to kiss my cheek, waving Cate goodbye.
Soon I was running again, serving coffee and food, laughing along with Cate that kept me amused with stories about her new boyfriend. Inwardly I sighed. New love was always bright and shiny and sparkling and pink from top to toe. I really missed it.
All of a sudden someone tapped my arm and I turned around. “Everything alright?” I asked Nicky that was stepping from one foot to the other, playing with the long sleeves of Jon’s pullover.
He smiled, almost shyly, and nodded. “Thanks again so much for picking me up and helping me out.” He mumbled with his cheeks blushed.
“No problem.” I signalized Lou at his usual corner table by the window that I would be with him in a second, turning back at Nicky with a smile. “Have a good day, alright?”
“I… hum… would…” humming and hawing he stared down at his feet. “I wanna pay you back.” He suddenly blurted out, nodding and kneading his fingers.
“Don’t be ridiculous!” I shook my head no, giving nervous old Lou another gesture with my free hand. “What’s ten bucks? Really, it’s fine! I just wanted to help you, ok? Call it Karma.” I passed by him, grabbing a few cookies for Lou from the big glasses on the counter. “Have a good day, Mr Byrne.”
“Thanks…”
“Linnea.” I gave him another smile. “Linnea. And you are welcome.” With that I shooed him outside, ready to face another disquisition on black people and slavery from Lou that was indeed black and had a grandfather that had actually been a slave on a farm in the US. I liked the old man with his grey hair and the big glasses. He came every day to have coffee and cookies from 5 to 9. Damien had started baking a special kind with almonds and dark chocolate especially for him but they had become our new fast-seller and Lou got them for free from now on. A little lifetime appointment as a thank you from Jon.
“Here you go, dear.” I handed the plate over to him. “Anything else for you today?”
Lou smiled and shook his grey head, his wrinkled hands already reaching for one of the cookies. “What a sweet new boyfriend you got, lovey!”
I followed his gaze to the door that had just closed after Nicky and burst into laughter. “Well, Lou, you are not as keen-witted as you think! I got my boy, that’s all I need.”
“Don’t you be so sure, little lady!” Lou laughed along with me. “And now get an old man another cup of tea.”

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen